Tuesday 20 March 2012

This is the day I met The Maccabees (also know as: Best Day of Life), posted in celebration that they have been announced for Radio 1's Hackney Weekend (which I shall not be attending but I just wanted to talk about them).
Village Underground (01/11/2011)
Will (synth for live shows and brother of Hugo/Felix) and me
An 8 year-old and Felix (guitar)
Hugo (bass) and Flatmate Tom
Hugo


Whilst on the topic of Radio 1's Hackney Weekend, I understand that it is free, but why must the line-up be so terrible? Flatmate Tom and I counted a total of 56 artists performing an d out of these, there were only 8 acts we both agreed we'd see! (Jay-Z, Florence, Jack White, The Maccabees, Michael Kiwanuka, Santigold, Lethal B, Bombay Bicycle Club, Sub Focus). 
Radio 1 is clearly a very powerful station, and definitely has the ability to make or break an artist by one daytime play. So why oh why can they not organise a decent line up? Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment