Thursday 15 March 2012

PINS
I CHING

Last night, Paper Dress Vintage hosted an in-store event to celebrate the launch of Best Fit Recordings; a brand new record label, focusing on signing London-based 'indie' bands. 
The record label has already snapped up Fanzine who produce lovely lethargic melodies and have already toured with  Yuck, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart and Cults.


The launch however, introduced three of the new sign ups: 


Being There who we somehow managed to miss but have this really cute song: 

Pins v. alluring lo-fi girl band, originally from Manchester. Obvious comparisons to Le Tigre but they sound like a girl version of My Bloody Valentine. The drummer also walked in on me having a wee, hoorah.

I Ching terrible name nice (average) music! I 
enjoyed this band a lot but may have been due to my merry mood. They're also playing at The Lexington, London on the 26th of this month.

Flatmate Tom's thoughts: "We missed Being There because of you, Amelia."

No comments:

Post a Comment